Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have just bought a onkyo a-9010 amp. I have connected 2

i have just bought a onkyo a-9010 amp. I have connected 2 different record decks, on an an ION Usb turntable which previously was fine with a sony amp and a aiwa amp. I also have a aiwa record deck that also worked fine with the sony and then aiwa amp. when connected to the onkyo amp they sound distorted. they were both plugged into the phono interface on the onkyo amp. I have connected my ipod through lines 3 to 5 and it works fine, sounds good. Neither of my record decks have a GMB outlet which is refenced in the onkyo instructions, can you advise please
thanks Mark

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. I'm reviewing your details now and will reply shortly.

The phono interface on the Onkyo amp is only designed for turntables without any RIAA EQ built in (no built in phono preamp). Try connecting the turntables to the standard line inputs- not the phono input on the Onkyo and let me know what happens.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?