Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have just purchased a new setup (all Panasonic) I have a

Customer Question

I have just purchased a new setup (all Panasonic) I have a 4K TV, a 4K blu ray DVD and an ordinary blu ray dvd. When I press the remote for one of the dvd players it automatically operates the other one as well. I had 2 dvd players b before, and I do remember that both machines could be individually tuned to each of the remotes. However, I have forgotten the procedure. Can you help please?
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The tv has just been delivered (6 months old). dvd 1 (The 4K one) is brand new just out of the box and has its own remote control which I only want to control DVD 1. The second DVD, dvd 2 (the standard Blu ray) is 4 years old and has its own remote control which I want to control as DVD 2.
Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have just had the tv and 4k player delivered and installed, and connected it up with the older blu ray player. None of the operating instructions covers this eventuality.
Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. I just want each item of equipment to work individually from any other. Thanks.
Category: Home Cinema System
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have just got hold of the model numbers of the pieces of equipment. The tv is a TX-58DX700b; the 4k DVD player is a DMR-BWT850, and the older blu ray DVD player is a DMR-BW880 or 780.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have paid £22 for the privilege of an answer to my question - could someone please contact me on 01822 832156? Thank you.
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

Do you still need help with this?
Due to the nature of the problem, it may take a few tries back and forth before we finish the troubleshooting and fix the problem. If this fixes the problem, please rate 3-5 stars. If the below doesn't fix the problem, please reply, and I will return your response as soon as possible. Rating negatively does not instigate a refund, but you can always request one from me if your problem is already solved. This is the initial stage of troubleshooting your device. Please reply when you get this, with your findings of these first troubleshooting tips, to initiate live chat.

For battery operated electronics:
Disconnect from the charger, and remove the battery for one full minute. If you cannot remove the battery, turn the device off, then back on.

For plug in electronics:
Unplug the unit for 1 full minute. Make sure the software/firmware is up to date by going into your setup menu, and check for updates.

For car and marine electronics:
Remove the in line fuse to cut power to the unit. For car, you may need the pin to get your electronics running again. For Marine, if you want two brands to work together, they must have NMEI ports. If not, let me know both of the model numbers and I'll check compatibility.

Treadmills:
Unplug the treadmill for one minute. Check all of the wiring, and make sure the belt is not too tight. It should lift 3-4 inches off of the deck, and not slip when you walk on it.

I look forward to viewing your reply.

Sincerely,
Rusty the Tech
_________________________________________________________
** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

When we are finished, please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you. Rating does not close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Rusty,
My name is Chris. Fortunately I have fixed the problem myself with a bit of trial and error with the equipment. I will impart the answer to you so that you can help other Panasonic people with the same problem.
1. Go into the function menu as far as it will take you by clicking 'others', 'setup' and 'remote control'.
2. Click on the yellow bar against 'remote control' and a sub-menu drops down offering six options (BD 1-6).
3. The DVD players are all pre-set to BD-1 so one unit can be clicked against BD-2 to differentiate it from BD-1.
4. Finally, tune the remote from each unit to that unit from the operating instructions for each DVD player.
5. Voila! Then pour yourself a nice long drink and relax in front of your independently functioning DVD players.I would appreciate my £22 back in due course if you consider it worthy. I paid with PayPal so if you could re-credit my PayPal account It would be most appreciated. Thank you Rusty. Regards, ***** *****