p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have been searching for an answer to my question for a

Hi !
I have been searching for an answer to my question for a couple of weeks, searching on line, forums etc, buying devices but I still can not resolve my problem.
I have a 7 series Samsung tv (UE49KS7500) and I am trying to attach two old self powered speakers to the to for sound with. I joy. The speakers are B&O beosystem 2500. Each is powered to the mains and one has a white jack and the other a red jack connection.
I purchased an optical analogue to digital converter which gave me sound but at a fixed volume which I understand is correct
So I bough a hdmi analogue to digital converter and connected to the hdmi ARC connection on the to but I just get static and the to can not see the source.
Am I trying to achieve the impossible or can you help ?
I want the speakers working in the to usisng the to remote for volume control.
Rik
Category: Home Cinema System
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Unfortunately, what you are wanting to do is not really possible, at least not with just the tv and speakers.

The only output connections your tv would support are all digital. That is an encoded audio signal which has no volume level associated with it. Only analog signals are variable and can be adjusted in this manner.

What you'd need to do here is run the signals through a preamp/processor system that has line level outputs which could go to the speakers. This would act as an intermediary device to allow volume control by remote.

Here is an option for that which I'd suggest: http://amzn.to/2vbJpkv

Run the optical out of the tv to the optical inputs on this stereo unit, then connect the red/white from your speakers to the speaker out ports on the marantz. The volume control for the marantz will adjust the volume to the speakers and you should be able to program your cable/satellite remote to operate this volume as well.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Nathan,Thank you for your response. You confirmed my worst fears.Rik