Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Jake is interested in purchasing the freehold of Staffordshire

Customer Question

Jake is interested in purchasing the freehold of Staffordshire Lodge, (the Property) from Major Payne who is the sole registered proprietor. When he visits the Property he is particularly attracted by the oak panelling in the dining room and the 16th century suit of armour standing in the corner.
The garden is very extensive with stone benches, a Greek statue standing on a concrete base and some very nice lights fixed to the back of the house to light up the patio. The kitchen is well appointed and this fact interests Jake as he wishes to start a catering business from the Property.
When Jake moves into the Property on the day of completion he discovers that the panelling and the suit of armour have been removed from the dining room; the statute, benches and lights have gone from the garden and the cooker, fridge freezer and dishwasher have been removed from the kitchen.

As Jake is looking out of the window he observes a man walking across the bottom of the garden. When questioned, the man explains that he is the neighbour and has been using Jake’s garden as a short cut to the local village since he was a young boy and that now he is nearly 80 years old.
As Jake is walking back to the Property he is approached by a woman, who turns out to be his neighbour. She says her name is XXXXX XXXXX that she has heard that Jake intends to start a business. She shows Jake a deed made between her and Major Payne in which the Major promised that neither he nor his successors would use the Property for anything other than residential use.
Just as Jake thinks that things cannot get any worse, Moira, the Major’s sister arrives at the door with her suitcases. Moira was not a legal owner but used to live at the Property with the Major and now wants to move back in. When the Major acquired the Property, Moira paid the deposit on the house from her savings and had the use of an en suite bedroom and the kitchen at the Property. However several months before the sale, Moira was in the psychiatric unit of the local hospital having been sectioned under the Mental Health Act. She has taken her cases to her room and is refusing to leave.

A. Advise Jake on the impact of the third party interests on the basis that the Property was registered when he acquired it.
B. Now advise Jake on the impact of the third party interests on the assumption that the Property was unregistered when he acquired it.
C. Advise Jake on his rights in respect of the items which have been removed from the Property.
Category: Homework
Expert:  touchwoodsden replied 3 years ago.
Is this coursework or an assignment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a coursework. I need the answers today. Try to give me as much answers as you can by today. Thankyou.

We dont do coursework I am afraid. You write it and we will suggest anything you missed. The idea is for you to do this work yourself. Regards

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i am waiting for a answer for my question. Please could you help me.

Thank you for your reply. We will continue to search for a Professional to assist you. We appreciate your patience.

Best,

Angela
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!