Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

The warning light on my diesel 6 year old Hobda Civic showing

Customer Question

The warning light on my diesel 6 year old Hobda Civic showing an engine with an exclamation mark and a flashing light showing a glow plug have just come on - the car is regularly serviced and drove perfectly from Belgium to UK on Thursday. Can I continue to drive it or do I need to take it to a garage asap? The manual says I do need to take it in buyt I am 500 miles from my normal garage.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully I can help..

At any point these warning lights do appear it is advised to have the car diagnosed to determine exactly what your ecu is picking up on, the use of diagnostic machine will be needed to find out what these codes are before anything is investigated or replaced even, so if there are any well equipped garages locally where you are now then it maybe worth doing that before you make that journey - as 500miles does seem a lot to chance driving the car with these warning lights on to be honest... obviously this wont be easy finding anyone or parts if needed being the easter holidays at the moment ...if your are with such breakdown assistance companies such as the aa/rac as such then it maybe worth having them come out to determine what the fault is and see whats found..i do hope this helps..