mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2007 Honda CRV which is great in most cases - good

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Honda CRV which is great in most cases - good mpg etc when running locally or on motorway - except when I hitch up my caravan!! According to all the reports I should be getting 28 - 32mpg when towing (that was the reason for guying it) but I REALLY struggle to get 22mpg - and am hardly able to keep it at 60mpg at time without going to 4th gear up an incline - NOT a hill!!!
What can the problem be?
Category: Honda
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name isXXXXX will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

The 2007 CRV is designed to get 22-23 MPG city and 28-30 MPG highway,these are the factory specifications.The 2007 Honda CRV has a tow rating of 1500 pounds, 3000 pounds with added trailer brakes.The average caravan is 5400 pounds,so for you to get 22MPG while towing the caravan is actually better than expected.Also the weight would account for the issue on the incline as well,thank you.

Let me know if you need further assistance,thank you.