Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

RA-201

Customer Question

2001 Honda Accord 2.0 Vtec EX How TO REPLACE POLLEN FILTER
Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The pollen filter as you be aware is behind the glovebox as similar in the the videos you've may have watched and is a case of pretty much the opposite way round for UK version you essentially need to Open the glove box on the passenger side of the vehicle
/ Release the glove box and allow it to swing forwards / The filter is housed centrally and horizontally behind the glove box within a sealed compartment / Locate and unclip the filter housing and slide out towards you / Remove the filter from its housing and replace with new one..i do hope this helps..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only screws I can see are the 2 in the lid fastener.I t won`t pull down as there is material trapped under the passenger air vent.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi.there..Ok i can t seem to get pictures to upload but i can give instructions if that would help..below

1. Removing the bottom side cover on the passenger side of the instrument panel is similar to removal assembly knee fully. Hooked, remove the end cover the instrument panel (to access open passenger door) and remove the two screws. Third screw is located in the upper left corner of the

2. Hooking the bottom edge of the panel, in turn release the lock is mounted.

3.Remove the screws securing the bottom of the glove box assembly

4. Open the door of the box, using a screwdriver, remove the plastic cap and remove the screws fastening the upper edge of the assembly.
5. Squeeze the glove box door hinge towards each other with a view to releasing the fixing clamps, then pull the assembly down and out, releasing it from the panel.

Unleashing the glove box assembly of the panel, wiring connector disunite its backlight.

6. Installation is in the reverse order.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Item is not finished and as said at start there are only 2 screws in the glove box,those that fit through the fastener. There are no plastic caps to remove.

Please take your time replying as I won`t be doing any more until tomorrow.Thank you.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi..Ok. I cant seem to get my info to upload to give you so i'll have to opt-out and hopefully somebody else can provide the info you need..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Robert,I don`t understand what you mean about getting your info to upload,just write it here.

Otherwise please get someone else to get the answer,Ernie.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Josie.,I think I have waited long enough so please cancel the question. Ernie.