Andrew
Andrew, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech and experience on Honda for 12 years.
64561840

how do I repair my petrol gauge needle? the light to tell me

Customer Question

how do I repair my petrol gauge needle? the light to tell me I need more petrol comes on when I do actually need petrol but the needled is always indicating I have slightly more petrol than I actually do. Any way of fixing this?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew replied 4 years ago.
It sounds like a possible fuel sending unit that is causing your problem. DId you mechanic test the sending unit to make sure it is operating correctly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where would the sending unit be located? I am not sure if he check it or was the one the create the fault! Is it something I could possibly fix myself?

Expert:  Andrew replied 4 years ago.
It is going to be located in the fuel tank and is part of the fuel pump assembly. This is going to be the most likely cause if the gauge is inaccurate. It is not hard to replace but the rear seat will need to be removed to gain access to the fuel pump.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I remove the rear seats, as it is a 3door? Also once the seat has been removed, could you please indicate what the fuel guage looks like and where it would be located?

Expert:  Andrew replied 4 years ago.
Yes let me get that info together for you and I will post it tonight when I arrive home.