Andrew
Andrew, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech and experience on Honda for 12 years.
64561840

The disc will not release from reader. Message says insert

Customer Question

The disc will not release from reader. Message says insert disc, but its in This is 2007 Accord version of sat nav
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew replied 3 years ago.

slonneman95 :

Hello I will be glad to help you with your Honda questions today.

slonneman95 :

Are you referring to your CD player disc or the Navigation system disc?

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

Sorry my query wasn't clear. The car is new to me and sat nav worked on receipt. I wanted to know what issue the software was so took the Honda software system disc out to read it s pedigree. It clearly is manufacturer supplied and dated for years 2003 to 2007. I replaced it in the sat nav slot , but sat nav screen asks for disc to be inserted when I attempt to remove it to reinsert it nothing happens The disc mechanism makes it usual sound but disc remains in place. Reluctant to make this an issue with vehicle supplier since and seems to be a fault induced by me. Phone calls asking for advice to dealer less than helpful. Is there a simple fix like removing unit and accessing disc manually. If so where do I start or is this a specialist job.

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

You must have heard this problem before

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

Help please

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

Peter

slonneman95 :

So after re-inserting the Navigation disc it would not read and then hitting the eject button after all of this will not eject the disc correct?

slonneman95 :

Is this unit located in the trunk on this model or in the dash? The accord's are slightly different here in the US so I want to make sure we are on the same page.

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

Yes exactly

slonneman95 :

Do you have the radio and Navigation codes?

slonneman95 :

This should have been on a white card or a white sticker in the glove box........

slonneman95 :

I have to step out for a few hours to run a errand. This problem is typically caused by a bad Navigation unit which would need to be sent out to be repaired. I would like to try a battery cable reset procedure first before condemning the unit.

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

In the dashbeneath cd player slot Have checked that disc was not inserted in error in Cd player This works fine an ejects the music Cds that were in place

slonneman95 :

To do this you will need the codes for the radio and Navi units. Remove both the positive and negative battery cables and pull them up away from the battery and then touch them together for approx 5 minutes to reset all control units in the vehicle.

slonneman95 :

This may get your Navi unit working. Let me know what you come up with and I will check back in a few hours. Thanks!

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

I have no no radio code. Further info is that dealer fitted a new battery after receipt of car Sounds as though this may have caused problem. Will carry out the disconnect you mention.

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

Be in touch Thank you Peter

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

d

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

Disconnected battery. Lost tuned settings on radio but did not cure the satnav disc problem.

JACUSTOMER-ki7dobz0- :

Still doesn't eject disc. No further forward

slonneman95 :

Ok it sounds like the actual navi unit has failed and is not reading or ejecting the disc properly. Did you purchase this car from a dealer or a used car lot?

slonneman95 :

Do you have any other questions for me?