Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My Honda CB1300 2003 model has started running really badly

Customer Question

My Honda CB1300 2003 model has started running really badly cutting out completely sometimes. Its impossible to keep a constant throttle as it keeps surging back and forth. The fi light has come on a couple of times aswell. It feels like a fuel problem but at the same time the bike sometimes wont start in neutral unless the clutch is engaged. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 4 years ago.

My name is Peter and I will try to assist you.

When was the fuel filter last changed?

Best Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi, Ive had the bike a year and a half and it hasn't been changed during that time. It has good service history but last few services have been minor or Pre delivery insp so i'm guessing it hasn't been changed for some time.