Andrew
Andrew, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech and experience on Honda for 12 years.
64561840

My Honda CRVs Engine light keeps coming on. It has recently

My Honda CRV's Engine light keeps coming on. It has recently had a new Clutch and Drive Shaft. When driving slowly along in traffic in 1st Gear it jumps out of gear? can you help, do i need to take it back to the dealer. its 2005 plate with over 100,000 miles.
thank you
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew replied 4 years ago.
Hello I will be glad to help you with your Honda questions today! Have you already taken it back to the dealer since this most recent problem or was this problem occurring before and they replaced the clutch and driveshaft? Do you know what code is stored that is making the Check Engine Light come on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the problem with the gear stick was one of the problems it went back for and the clutch was the problem we were assured it was not the gear box. The reason or code for engine light is a mystery. I thought we had it sortex.
Expert:  Andrew replied 4 years ago.

If the clutch has been replaced and the transmision is still popping out of gear I feel that you have some worn synchronizers in the transmission that are causing this. When those synchro's wear out prematurely they do not have the strength to properly hold the transmission in gear. I know they have assured you that the gearbox/trans is not the problem but I feel from your description that it is causing your issue. As for the Check Engine Light I would need a code to know exactly what is causing that light to come on. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to help. Please remember to rate me at Excellent Service and Thank You for letting me assist you today!