Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

honda jazz automatic vibrates with rattle on pull away and

Customer Question

honda jazz automatic vibrates with rattle on pull away and acceleration. The gear changes are perfectly normal. Is this something that can be repaired
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please continue with your search. thanks

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what further information due you need?

Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Hi I'm Tom and I'm here to assist you today . Is the engine light on when this happens?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello, the light is not on. everything with the engine and the running of the car is perfectly ok, the gears change smoothly as they should, there is no noise that should not be there. The only thing that happens is the rubbling sensation when the car pulls away. The only thing I could relate it to is the sound of two cogs slipping over each other not quite engaging. As I said, once the car is moving it goes away and is only back when you accelerate quickly or on the start of the drive, when the car is stationary even in drive there is nothing to suggest there is a problem.

Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Do you have the CVT transmission or manual transmission ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It says on the only reference I can find with mention of power unit is

1.4 cc CVT-7

Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok the issue then that you are feeling is the belt in the CVT transmission becoming loose and rattling on take off. There was a bulletin on this issue so contact the dealer it may be fixed for fee if not the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced to fix this issue . These are the next steps . Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.