Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Hi I bought my 2006 civic last September but a few weeks ago

Customer Question

Hi I bought my 2006 civic last September but a few weeks ago whilst driving the power steering locked and I nearly crashed.Looking on various websites this seems to be a problem and there was a recall for this.The launch date on the recall site was November 2006 and my car was purchased new in December 2006.I went on the official Honda recall site and entered the vin but it said that there was no problem with my car.It's been fine ever since but I will only use it for slow short journeys.Any advice please.The car has done approx. 47k miles and there is no mention of the EPS being changed on the service history.

Category: Honda