mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

honda civic 2006 1339 cc engine manual showing abs vsa brake

Customer Question

honda civic 2006 1339 cc engine manual showing abs vsa brake lights honda says need new alternator new alternator fitted by local garage but problem stays any solution or i take to honda
Category: Honda
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
From what you are describing this is likely the abs pump itself that is causing this problem. I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue before and what happens is the pump electrically fails which causes the lights to come on and a constant draw on the battery. What I would suggest is having the abs pump checked as a next step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do you check abs pump and where is it located

The abs pump is located under the hood in the engine area,follow the brake lines from the master cylinder to the pump. You will need a diagnostic scan tool to test.