Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Honda powered Rover 620 2ltr petrol 1994. Nearly 200K miles The

Customer Question

Honda powered Rover 620 2ltr petrol 1994. Nearly 200K miles

The car runs very well except that under acceleration between 30 and 40 mph it misses. Feels as if it is running on 3 cylinders or what used to be called a flat spot on a carburetor controlled engine.Two ex Rover garages, familiar with this model, have failed to find the fault. It was thought to be electrical and the distributor was replaced with a new one. The vehicle has just passed its MOT and apart for this problem it is still a very good vehicle.
What can it be? what steps need to be followed to eliminate the problem please?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Additional information, The head was taken off at 163K miles as the valves were sticking. No discernible wear in bores valves cleaned reground and put back together. Ran fine then.

I can wait a little longer for a detailed answer thank you.

Hello, Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Thank you for your patience, Shantal