Andrew
Andrew, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech and experience on Honda for 12 years.
64561840

Honda Civic Type S 2007 radio switches off after about 1 hour.

Customer Question

Honda Civic Type S 2007 radio switches off after about 1 hour. Can be switched straight back on but then turns off after about 30 secs. Is it the rdio overheating or ist an alternator issue?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew replied 3 years ago.

Andrew :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your Honda questions today!

Andrew :

When you turn it back on does the radio require the code to be put in? Do you ever notice the battery or charging system light come on?

Customer:

No radio code required and the charging system light does not come on.

Andrew :

Ok that leads me to believe that the actual radio itself has an internal issue and is shutting itself down.

Customer:

From your diagnosis, I take it that the radio needs replacing?

Andrew :

Yes from your description that is what it sounds like needs to be done. In the US we can send them out to an electronics specialist and they can sometimes repair the failed component internally......not sure if that is available in your country.

Customer:

OK. Thanks for info.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Radio replaced - all working ok. Youtube very good for show how to remove radio.