Andrew
Andrew, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech and experience on Honda for 12 years.
64561840

Hi My left indicator on my 2005 honda frv is stuck on. I

My left indicator on my 2005 honda frv is stuck on. I believe it is the relay. Where can i find the relay in the car? and where can i buy the parts? is it easy to fix?

thanks
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew replied 3 years ago.

Andrew :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your Honda questions today!

Andrew :

Does the right turn signal work at all?

Andrew :

That is a link to where you can purchase the relay and it is located in the drivers side under dash fuse box.

Andrew :

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to help. Please remember to rate me at Excellent Service and Thank You for letting me assist you today!

Customer:

hi

apologies, this hit my junk box. The indicator is permanently turning left. it cannot be changed and even stays on when the car keys have been removed. The only way to stop the continual light is to remove the fuse, which I have done. I now have no indicators at all.

The garage has said that this is a fuse box fault, but the quote is extortionate (£600+). They mentioned a 'vichu unit' or something like this.

does this sound right and is this something that is easily replaced? I assume they are going to replace the fuse box under the bonnet or is there another one?

thanks

Andrew :

When this happens here in the US we can replace the actual turn signal relay and the problem will be corrected. To know for sure if the relay is this problem you would have to remove it and test to see if the contacts are sticking with a digital meter. You can purchase the relay seperate and you can see it in the above link that I posted. It is located under the drivers side dash in the fuse box. It is not difficult to replace at all.....just release the clips that hold it into place and pull out. You will then just snap the new relay into place.

Andrew :

Here is that link again.....it is to an actual dealer in the UK but I am not sure where exactly it is located.

Andrew :