Mike
Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 2006 Honda Legend EX. The audible alarm keeps going

I have a 2006 Honda Legend EX. The audible alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason. Only the audible alarm, not he 4 way flashers. Does not stop engine & will drive with alarm sounding. Any ideas?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Other than the above - can you tell me when this happens - ?

Also - is it a horn sound or siren sound?

Kind Rgds, MIKE......................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Randomly, when static & driving. Ignition on & off - Siren sound

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello there Tom..

Thank you for your reply and info -

This problem as you describe it,is usually caused by a shorted / faulty bonnet / boot switch or door lock actuator mechanism / switch - these items will have to be checked out to trace the cause. Sometimes, it can also be a short / chaffed wiring to the switch under the bonnet / doors - so check the wiring carefully first too..

Its worth checking at least the wiring and bonnet switch -you can do that - if its not either of these - you can peel back the rubber link tube that takes the wires from the car body to the doors - starting with the drivers door as thats the usual culprit / more often used.. and check for any damage to the wires there. After that, you are into having to remove the door panels to check / find the fault. This can be time consuming - at this stage, you can have a garage help you with a plug in fault finding test - this can while it will obviously cost , save you a lot of time in that it will pin point the fault - and then go from there..

On occasion, these can also have a fault with the siren unit itself - but the other things should be checked first as most common faults. Again, if it comes to it, the plug in diagnostic test would quickly ID if its a siren unit fault also.

Let me know how you get on if you wish- or if you need anything else at all...I'm always happy to help more as and if needed -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Booked in with Honda agent on Thurs. - I'll let you know how I get on

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Tom..

Thank you for your reply..

Indeed yes thats fine - they will sort it for whatever is found - but if you do need anything let me know by all means..

Per the way justanswer works Tom - I do just need you to please click on the "OK ratings" system for me at this point please - and for that , I thank you in advance..

All the very best Tom and you are welcome back anytime.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.