Mike
Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

2009 Honda civic si 1800 rev counter/fuel gauge cluster stopped

Customer Question

2009 Honda civic si 1800 rev counter/fuel gauge cluster stopped working.........
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help ..

I see you have checked a lot already - all the things I would have advised so thats all good... but that does mean you are left with a faulty dash cluster / unit Im sorry to say..

It is a common fault on this model... replacement is the answer basically - but there are companies that can test / repair these units... You can find them advertising on google etc...or I can / will give you a contact if that helps - the one I have in mind is on 0 1 6 3 4 - 6 8 7 2 2 2 .. They are in Kent area - they operate a postal service..so you send your dash to them - they repair it, send it back usually all in two days or so. So give them a call and they will talk you through it all inc costs etc.

I dont know whether you have tried a reboot or not..sometimes this will work - that involves disconnection of the battery - clamping the battery lead connectors together for 30 mins - then undo and replace them onto the battery. If that works, it may last a long time - often it will work if its just a glitch... but if not - or it does, and it keeps happening - then you need to do as above. Doing as above is considerably cheaper than a new unit and there are not coding issues / costs that way..

Let me know how you get on - or if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.