Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I own 2007 Honda CRV 2.2 (4x4) with 85000 miles. When you go

I own 2007 Honda CRV 2.2 (4x4) with 85000 miles. When you go over a ramp or pothole
there is a noise to rear somewhere near the wheel. Nothing looks out of place. wheel is secure, shock absorber is not leaking.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If possible can you describe what the noise your hearing seems to sound like?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is like a creaking noise which has got louder over the last couple of months.When the front wheels go over the likes of the traffic calming ramps you hear this and when the back wheels go over them you hear it, the noise on both occasions coming from the rear driver's side. This noise is only heard when going over bumps otherwise the car is quiet.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..By your description this is most likley going to be rear suspension bush on that side thats causing this..sometimes they can go faulty in several ways either tear and cause excess movement knocking as such felt or corrosion can build up inside the bush where the bolt goes through and cause a partial seizure in turn causing the creaking as the suspension moves up and down or the faulty bush itself has dried out - from i recall you should have about 6-7 bushes to check there for example both lower control arm bushes just behind the backing plate and the bushes at each end of the arm too on that side aswell as the antiroll bar link too..aswell as the upper link arm bushes..Certinaly inspect each for obvious tears in the rubber in each bush where water may get in - you can also try to eliminate the faulty one by srpaying one bush at a time with either wd-40/silicone spray

and then test drive to see if the noise stops if its does then which ever bush you sprayed the wd40 or spray into will be the faulty one to replace..so maybe try that if you can..I do hope this helps