Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149
Honda

I took my Honda CRV 2006 Into a Honda dealership with the Malfunction

Indicator Lamp on they said... Show More
Indicator Lamp on they said it was faulty and nothing to worry about I followed the restart a few times instructions and it went off, it has done it a few times since now the engine and turbo has had it no indicators came on at all. when I took it in the mechanic said it had run out of oil and this is why the engine and turbo had gone but I had checked the oil it was ok what are they trying to hide?
Category: Honda
Show Less
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Tom, ASE Certified Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Did they pull the code for the engine light on the first visit ? They are trying to hide something here. The engine light does not come on for no reason.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Sorry what does "pull the code mean"

Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago.
Did they scan the vehicle to see what code is stored for the engine light ?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

not that I am aware of

Were you able to get the vehicle scanned to get the codes?Any auto zone,advanced auto ,aamco or meineke will do this for free.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Any more info?

Yes. Did they tell you the code stored for the engine light?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

no I did not get it scanned

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

no

So they are telling you the engine and turbo are bad ?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

yes knackered

What did they say the exact case was?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

They just said the sensor was faulty nothing wrong with the car

Which sensor the oxygen sensor?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Engine management sensor

There is no engine management sensor did they just tell you the engine management light is on?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

The light came on and went off they said it was faulty and needed a new part

Did they say what part I want to make sure you are not getting ripped offf?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

The problem is that if you read the handbook and the malfunction indicator light comes on it says have it checked I did and they said it was faulty and the car was ok now the Engine and turbo have gone they say it was due to lack of oil but I checked the oil it was ok and no oil light came on I am definitely getting ripped off or why did they blame the oil it how to prove it

If you were out of oil the oil light would have came on thats the operation of the oil pressure switch so you have them there.Either they did not put oil n the vehicle or left something loose .You should not be liable and this will hold up if you did need to go to court.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

it had oil in and there was nothing they could have left loose so the engine was faulty and the turbo had stopped working I think this is why the light was coming on telling me there was a fault and as this was not rectified the engine blew

Ok so of they did not check why the light was on it's there fault and they need to fix this at no charge to you it's there fault.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

its gone beyond that it needs a new engine and turbo are you saying they should do this work as it is there fault?

Yes absolutely that was there fault for not diagnosing this issue correctly ?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

ok I will see what happens

thanks

Trevor

No problem I'm here if you need any further assistance . Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks . Bonuses greatly appreciated .