Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

honda crv diesel 2005 recent clutch slip arranged local garage

honda crv diesel 2005 recent clutch slip arranged local garage to change it they did including the dual mass fly wheel .i collected the car to get the clutch to disengage i had to put the pedal hard to the floor just manage to get in sec gear with clutch grabing as soon as put hand brake off it moved with severe juddering.i was told it would settle in but it is not driveable in fact trying to change gear not possable.twice had to stop switch off engine to put into netral then put in gear start engine clutch hard to floor drive off. its being picked up to day.i have checked the movement of slave cld it appears to make full travel they say the hyd line was not disconected during change so i dont think it could be air.i mentioned the sectin haynes manual ref. the S.U.C. setting procedure he said i was self adusting ? What could they have done, or missed.?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.

Did they replace the slave cylinder as well as the clutch master cylinder?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ithey did not replace either as it was not deemed nessessary

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Well thats where the issue is going to be and they need to focus here as long as the installation was done correctly this is where they need to focus next for this issue .Its very common for the slave cylinder as well as the matter cylinder to cause this issue .When these fail it will not allow the system to bleed correctly and cause your issue.These are the next steps.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my assistance thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you need any further assistance for no further charge.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i agree to this did you note my comment on the setting or not with the self ajustng ring on the pressure plateassemble as described in the haynnes manuel that the mechanic new nothing about?.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Yes thats why this needs to be checked it seems the Tech does not know this vehicle these ned to be checked next.These are the next steps.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my assistance thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you need any further assistance for no further charge.