Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

When my Honda Accord is stationary with engine running, I am

Customer Question

When my Honda Accord is stationary with engine running, I am able to press the brake pedal slowly to the floor. Is this normal?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will do my best to help you with this question.,

When you are pressing the brake pedal and it sinks to the floor are you checking that the brakes fluid is not leaking.

Mark the fluid on the bottle and press the brakes a few times and see if the fluid goes down ,or if you notice the fluid goes down then back up let me know .

Greg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No loss of fluid, no sign of leak!, I know one other Accord owner whose car behaves like this. Brakes are working perfectly well, if a bit soft. I keep them pumped up regularly. Car recently passed MOT despite this. Possibly unrelated, the VSA warning light illuminated some months ago on dashboard. Computer identified ABS pump VSA module. I had it removed and sent to ECU Testing, Derbyshire for rebuilding. Refitted. VSA warning light gone.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael.

You had the ABS pump out and checked ,the master cylinder was replaced .

How did you bleed the system ,this is the key point on the Honda .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mechanic bled it using plastic pipe and jar on each bleed nipple while I pressed and held brake pedal when instructed.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Where did he start from the rear or the front wheels .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No idea. I'll ask him tomorrow.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael.

Okay thanks i will wait for your reply .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Started to bleed brakes front left, then rear right, front right, then rear left.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael .

Okay thank you ,this could be the problem as the brakes must first be bleed from the Front left, front right then the rear left then rear right .

Brake pedal is to be pumped 5 times, then with the pressure on the pedal a second helper is to open the bleed nipple, when the brake pedal reaches the floor close the nipple then pump the pedal abain and do the same again until all air has been removed .do this in the sequence
as said FL,FR.RL.RR.

Do this then please get back to me if needed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, Greg. Is this to be done with engine running or not?
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Engine not running .

Greg