Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a07 crv 2.2 diesel on recent oil change small filings

I have a07 crv 2.2 diesel on recent oil change small filings were seen I have been told I need a timing chain there is 125000 miles on clock is this a costly job should I get rid of car or what do you recommend
Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Im most cases yes..the chain kit itself isnt cheap this would ideally need along with the main chain,sprockets,tenioners guides / the oil pump chain a guides too,timing cover gasket etc..in some cases the whole kit can be in the region of £500-£600 not inc vat aswell as time ontop with is roughly 4-5 hours labour time to install..the best advice would be to phone around for the best quote you can get from recommended local garages.it really is a case of doing that im afraid - its personal choice finacially at the end of the day wither you feel selling now would be the best thing to do based on the quotes you get..however if the chain was to be replaced it may stand in its favor if you do come to sell givin the mileage it has and the age..so would be something to bear in mind..I do hope this helps