Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a diesel honda accord 2.2cdti year 2006. How much does

Customer Question

I have a diesel honda accord 2.2cdti year 2006. How much does an alternator for this car cost? Honda garage have quoted £320 plus VAT for the part and 2hours fitting time £120 plus VAT plus an hour "investigating" what was wrong. Their quote is about £550. Is this right? Thank you for your help.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

According to my estimate,source based on the alternator itself the price you have been quoted for that £320 is indeed correct or very near to what i get anyway - there is another at £430 approx. only difference being the manufacturer..Being a dealer then you would expect the labour rate to be higher than a normal independant garage..that could be something to consider getting quotes eleswhere instead to get the time for fitting reduced maybe try this site locally www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk .but im afraid the price for these alternators aren't cheap im afraid..added to that there "may" be times where the auxillary belt would be advised to be replaced at the same time if need be.. I do hope this helps