Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

A Honda CRV (2005) Im considering buying has a lump under

Customer Question

A Honda CRV (2005) I'm considering buying has a lump under the drivers footwell below the clutch pedal. It feels soft to the touch. Could it be related to the catalytic converter which is, I think, below that area? Seller says his garage tells him that there is no problem with it. What do you think?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The catalytic converter would have no effect on the interior of the car or the under floor..the converter will have protection heat shield around it plus you will also have heat shield bolted to the under floor between that and the rest of the exhaust system..so in a sense it would have very little effect on the problem you see..Its not generally a fault as all crv's have that on the floor from what ive seen for the cat converter which is located directly under that hump.Its is there for extra clearance between that and the road..so nothing to worry about..I do hope this helps