Mike
Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi - I have pulled the following codes as follows:- P0219,

Customer Question

Hi - I have pulled the following codes as follows:-
P0219, P0502, P16CF, P16D1, P16D1, P16D1, P16D3, P16D3, P0219, P2A00, P0502, P16CF, P16D1, P16D3,
The car had to be towed off the motorway when 'white' smoke bellowed from the engine and eventually into the cabin causing us to pull-over immediately, very frightening. When the engine finally cut-out approximately a minute after pulling keys, coolant poured onto the tarmac. The car is a diesel CRV 2010 and was due for its 6 month service. It has 13K since (approx 93K) the last service in October. It was recently MOT'd.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Phil
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Phil,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

We still need an answer and I have paid £21 so if you are not able to answer the question then please refund the payment

Phil

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello Phil and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you ... Im sorry to see you have had a wait..

With this Phil, its evident it suffered some major leak and / or overheat - You didnt mention noticing it overheat - you would usually see this on the gauge...so it seems it lost water suddenly.. This can be a blown hose / pipe.. fitting - radiator ..water pump -.almost anything that let go on the cooling system.. Of course an inspection will ID just what happened...

But also I note you say that the engine didnt cut off until about a min after pulling the keys... Now this can shed a whole new light ... If the engine has had any engine oil added, and it was over filled even slightly - this can be your root cause of everything that happened to you / it...

Also - if it wasn't filled with oil , the other cause of this - is one or more of the injectors failing and allowing too much diesel to flow into the cylinders and this passes into them sump - raising the sump level - and the outcome is the same as above ... that you experienced. Without knowing more, that is what I suspect happened here - one or the other -- This / either, can completely ruin the whole engine...

Right now Phil, the codes you have there are pretty much irrelevant - all caused by the catastrophic event the engine suffered- that's to be expected and they can be deleted.

I imagine you have had it looked at at least to some degree by now - so let me know Phil how you are getting on ...

Im very pleased to have helped you -Let me know if you need anything more-

** ** >>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me at this point -- - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.