Mike
Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi. I have a 2001 Honda CBR600 F Sport. The ignition comes

Hi. I have a 2001 Honda CBR600 F Sport. The ignition comes on by itself intermitently with no key in barrel and in off position. Changed the voltage rectifier but still have same problem.

I have checked all wiring, connections and fuses and all seem in good order.

Category: Honda
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you .

For this to be happening, there is usually a fault in the ign barrel / unit itself...the electrical section / part on the end of the barrel. What happens is, they go faulty and short out together the connections inside - hence the ign comes on as you describe.

In which case that will need renewing. Do just check the wiring itself though that runs up to the ign switch - on occasion you can get the wiring chaffed / damaged on the frame and that will cause the same symptoms so do just check that first before the switch.

If there is anything more by all means get back to me -

** >> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.