Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

I have a 2007 Accord, 2.4 petrol AutomaticIt has ACC (Automatic

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Accord, 2.4 petrol Automatic
It has ACC (Automatic Cruise Control) and LKAS (Lake Keeping Assist) features.
I use the ACC but never LKAS.
Earlier this year the ACC/LKAS warning light came on. The book is useless, just tells you to have the system checked. This I did and Honda charged 80 pounds sterling just to connect their diagnostic system. They said that the problem was the alternator not charging correctly. It was true that I had had some problems with starting and had previously replaced the battery (Honda’s recommendation). After replacing the alternator (by Honda at huge expense) the problem went away, no starting problems or warning lights. TILL NOW ….
Starting the car, no warning light but after a few miles it comes on and stays on. When on I cannot use the cruise control function (ACC) (don’t know don’t care about LKAS). I do not want to pay Honda again for the diagnostic check, I do not know if the warning is significant and whether I can just ignore it.
Any ideas as to what the problem could be????
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Whicj warning light is on the dash the check engine light ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well I would like to continue and get an answer as I have paid. No I have not yet found the answer, whilst waiting I took it to my local garage and asked him to check the alternator. He had a box of tricks but it showed no errors. Interestingly the car now shows a different warning VSA Vehicle stability assist and the vsa activation indicator, this must be as a result of the garage bloke plugging into the system. There is a switch on the dash to switch VSA off, pressing it makes no difference. Previous lights were the ACC/LKAS Indicator (described in prev note). Also Message indicator light is on all the time. Since the VSA light came on, I have not seen the ACC/LKAS warning light, but it normally came on after driving a few miles and I have not been far today.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Ok Im not paid until you click excellent service so lets continue.Since the VSA light is on there is a code stored for that system has the shop retrieved that code for you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no and no

not sure if you got the scan I sent so will send it again

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Can you have the shop get you the codes and post them here I can then tell you whats going on with the vehicle .If not I can give you some possibilities from prior experience of what they need to check.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My local garage does not have any of the kit that will provide any codes. Only place I know is the Honda garage. They are unhelpful to the extreme as well as hugely expensive. It is not possible to ask a technician something as you can only talk to this bloody woman on the desk. I am talking to you so as to avoid woman and charges.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Not a problem if you can bare with me I will be gone for about an hour I have a doctors appointment and we can continue and I can tell you what to chaco for this issue .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

of course

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
OK the most common issue is a faulty ABS wheel speed sensor issue .This will cause this problem .They need to look at this next .Also any shop can do this for you and save you a ton of money compared to the dealer .This is what needs to be checked next for this issue . Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok if it was an ABS sensor would it also have caused a problem with the ACC/LKAS - it seems unlikely. That was the warning that was on until recently. Also if the VSA light is on why does it disable the whole thing?

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Yes it would cause all these issues as well as disable those systems . So this is where they need to focus next for this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will look into that. Is it easy to test the sensor?

I had not mentioned it before as I thought it not relevant, but I had a slow puncture for some time. Pressure would go down from 30 to 24 over some weeks. I just kept topping it up. This was happening long before the warning lights. Last week the tyre started deflating much quicker, I then had it fixed. The VSA light has not gone off though. Do you think these are related? if it was caused by the tyre why did the light not go off when the tyre was inflated to the correct pressure.

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
NO the VSA light is caused by the abs sensor failing .Its easily tested with a volt meter .This is what needs to be checked next.This is what needs to be checked next for this issue . Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry about the delay, been away

problem proved to be wheel alignment, so you were pretty well there.

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Excellent glad it's fixed . Please rate excellent service so on I can get credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated .