Mike
Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

it is a 2013 honda jazz chassis number shhgg6760du020645, been

Customer Question

it is a 2013 honda jazz chassis number shhgg6760du020645, been involved in an accident air bags have gone off, have been supplied second hand parts such as Drivers seat restraint part number is ***** original part number is ***** passenger seat restraint is kosk2f2afoo original part is 81850-tf3-eo2za, steering wheel bag is 77800-tfo-e81 original number is ***** passenger side air bag is 77850-tfo-e81 original part number is ***** module 77960-tfo-e820-m3 original is 77960-tfo-e84, are these parts a straight swap or will the original module which is still in the car stay there to be re-programmed, if that is the case having installed all the second hand parts with the original module will it be safe to drive the car directly to a honda dealer to get the module reset or do i have to replace like for like as far as part numbers are concerned.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

Before we progress - do the parts you have been supplied look identical - inc connections etc?

Too - do you know what vehicle exactly they are off / from ?

Rgds,. MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They do indeed look similar but I think they're off of an older car maybe 2010 but it should be the same shape but I'm not 100% sure
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Louis -

Thank you for your reply and further info.

I have checked the part numbers you have supplied and they are not relevant to the year / model you have - They do need to be ..

I am not saying they won't physically fit - but I cannot recommend fitting them Im afraid -

As regards ***** ***** programming side of things Louis, yes this has to be done at a local dealer or garage / shop that has the right equipment to plug into the cars OBD socket and do that for you... It will be safe / ok to drive yes - you will just have the system fault light on and the air bags will not be operative at all until the module is reset of its crash data.

Im sorry thats not altogether good news I know Louis.. but you need the system to be proper / know that it will work properly as and if ever needed..so you really need the correct / identical parts for it ..for it to be sure to work properly... indeed the system fault light would not go off at all if there is any issue with any of the parts -nor could it be reset without the correct parts on it...

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.