Robert
Robert, Honda Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Frequency of diesel fuel filter replacement on Honda crv

Category: Honda
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What is the exact/rough mileage on the car?

Has the filter ever been changed previously do you know?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

25000 miles only.

Dont believe it will have been replaced previously.

Only had 1300 miles on clock when I purchased it 2 years ago.

Ian

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

For a car of that age 2010 plate - that is pretty low mileage..Normally for fuel filter on the diesels "depending on use" its around or recommended at 30,000 miles or every 30,000miles when the filter itself is replaced,this is to ensure/aviod filter blockage/restriction issues due to their decrease in effectiveness over time having a knock on effect with the diesel injection system pressure/running peformance of the engine..more so on higher usage diesels which required id say every year to have filter replaced - I can see where your coming from in regards ***** ***** its should be done or not considering its very limited use..of course you could refuse to have it done anyway as you mention they only advise but not insist its done,so their giving the option..so in that view that would be your decision/option whether its right to have it done now or wait till next schedule.......I do hope this helps..If you require to ask anything further then please continue before you rate