Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have the chance to buy a Honda Civic 1.6 Diesel Turbo

Customer Question

I have the chance to buy a Honda Civic 1.6 Diesel Turbo Hatchback '03 Reg, but the Engine Managment light on the dashboard comes on intermittantly & slows the car to "Limp home" mode, presumably disabling the Turbo & reducing power, The fault has existed for about 3 years & the seller ( my partner) has only used it for Urban use due to this fault Could you speculate what the problem may be & what sort of cost may be involved to correct the fault. Many thanks in anticipation of any advice you may be able to offer. Kind Regards, ***** *****

Category: Honda