Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

My 1980 GL1100 has bee up time I have fitted

Customer Question

My 1980 GL1100 has bee laid up for some time I have fitted a new battery but now when I hit the start button the solonoed just clicked, this has done it before and I have crossed the thermals with a screwdriver and she has fired up. This time she turned over then stopted and there is no life at all. I have ordered a replacement one but am keen to start the engine to see if she runs OK before I start to rebuild and order new tyres. My question is I have removed the solonoed awaiting the replacement, can I attach my jump pack to the solonoed thermals to spin the starter motor to start the engine or will I do any damage? And if she starts will the kill button stop it? Regards. David.

Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello David,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello David,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Hello David,
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
This system is a waste of time as I want an answer asap not an ( I don't know ) a week later
I am closing my account.

Very disappointed

David Owens