Mike
Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

07 1.8 civic i-vtech manual,clutch engages as soon as I take

Customer Question

07 1.8 civic i-vtech manual,clutch engages as soon as I take weight of the pedal, is this normal?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you ..SOrry to see you have had a wait.
This is usually normal yes - the time to be concerned is when in letting the clutch up , you get no drive until its very high - meaning the clutch is very worn.
Often when the clutch "bites" pretty soon after letting the pedal up, it means the clutch has not long since been renewed - ie, new clutches this and is perfectly fine.
If you are concerned though I suggest let a Honda garage to do a test drive - they are obviously very familiar with the particular vehicle and will know "by feel" if there is anything wrong at all..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-- Meantime - Please do do the rating for me Jo at this time.. Thank you in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.