Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

The centre section on the instrument panel which shows miles

Customer Question

The centre section on the instrument panel which shows miles per gal. distance travelled etc. spasmodically flashes. Some of the readings in the panel disappear. the fuel level images jump from starting on left to starting from centre. I have had a load test done, and have had a new battery fitted as the old battery, although correct voltage, didn't put out enough amps. This appeared to rectify the problem for some time . But the problem has reared its ugly head once again, and hasn't gone back to normal for just short of a week.
My local garage have done a diagnostic check but it doesn't come up with any fault found.
The Honda franchise want to do a diagnostic check for £100. I don't want to pay out if this check will also come up with 'No fault found'. Please can anyone help me?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was unable to reply to your question as the page would not open. Thank you for checking. I would very much appreciate you trying to find a professional to assist me. The last time I asked this question which I also posted on forum. I got my local garage to do a load test on the battery that was fitted by the AA in 2012. It was found that although the voltage was right it wasn't putting out enough amps. The problem appeared to be rectified. BUT unfortunately it has again shown forth. The information that is lit up normally still appears to be correct when the whole panel is working. It is just that the illuminated information is missing.

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thurs.17th Sept. I have received another email telling me that someone has sent a message. Again when I click on .Message. I get This page is unobtainable. Was it you Shantal- Mob?.

Maurice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Shantal.

As you are having trouble finding an expert. I spoke to a Honda technician at Honda Swindon. He stated that he had never come across this particular problem before. and hasn't heard of it ever happening.

As a result they are going to do a diagnostic test hopefully find out what is wrong. They will then contact Honda Customer relations to see if they will make a contribution to the reinstatement of the problem, as it looks as if it will be expensive, and no one has come across the problem before. AND that as the car has been serviced by Honda garages up till the last one. Ha every hope that Honda will help.

Thank you for your efforts. It just doesn't look as if you will find anyone who can assist me. Would appreciate the £18.00 be refunded.

sincerely

Maurice XXXXXX