Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

All Hope you can help, we a 2004 CRV Auto, had her for

Customer Question

Hello All
Hope you can help, we a 2004 CRV Auto, had her for 4 years and has been a great car, no issues, starts first turn of the key all year round. HOWEVER in the last 6 months we have had repair bills on the brakes and hydraulics costing around £600.
We now have an issue of a high pitch scraping sound at low speed, and this appears to be coming from the rear of the car. As you pick up speed the noise fades away.
I touch checked the temp of the centre wheels for heat spikes, along with the brake disks, and this is my question = inner and outer rims / hubs very minimal temperatures on all 4, drivers side front and back brake disc matching heat "hot, not burning hot at all", front passenger side "brake disk very hot" capable of burning you if not careful.
And the forth brake, the rear passenger brake "lucke warm to cold".
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
JW
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello JW,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shantal
Thanks for the update, and yes unfortunately we do still need help/advise, I would say that in the last 24 hrs we have driven the car approximately 75 miles and although the car drives well, brakes well the metallic scrape noise is louder at low speeds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Again Shantal.

As yet I don't seem to be attracting any replies. Do I need to increase my price/cost?

The current payment that I have posted is the one I was advised to put forward by the system once I had detailed my question.

So what do I need to do - more patience?, more money, more details?

John Wilding

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a Honda diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Just to confirm all 4 wheels are not hot to touch? When you noticed the passenger front brake was hot, did you discover this by touching the disc its self? Thanks. Ross.