Mike
Mike, Honda Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Civic lsi 1992. engine light (yellow) comes in after a few

civic lsi 1992. engine light (yellow) comes in after a few mins, starts to hunt at all revs
and stalls. wont re-start for 15mins. has new distributor and oxygen sensor.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
runs very well before the light comes on. have fitted a new fuel filter. has only done 53,000 miles.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
If this car has a oxygen sensor it must have been one of the very early / first ones of that type.
Given it has the oxygen sensor, it also has fault code capability then - so as you have the engine management fault light coming on, there will be fault codes logged in the Ecu - the cars computer. They are not as extensive as what you have on later models but it will be logging sufficient codes to tell you whats wrong -
So you need to get the fault codes read and then you will know just what is going wrong causing the symptoms you have. If you like you can give me the code/s when you do it, if you need help with that ..but that is the next move on this one now to get this fixed for you.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE