Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a Honda civic 1.4 registered 02 2011 on a 60 reg platemodel

Customer Question

I have a Honda civic 1.4 registered 02 2011 on a 60 reg platemodel SE 1-VTEC. I have the warning message showing on the dashboard screen saying "check tyre pressures" I have today checked and corrected the tyre pressures to 34 psi on all four wheels. however the warning message does not now switch off, is there a procedure to switch the message off, please advise.
many thanks. John Knight
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Now all four tyres have been correctly set the tyre pressure warning will need to be re-calibrated.1 Turn ignition Key to position II ( with handbrake ON)2 Hold INFO button on steering wheel for 3 seconds3 Cycle with INFO button to low pressure warning option4 Press SEL/RESET button to enter Initialisation5 Choose ok with INFO button and the SEL/RESET button to exit.6 Switch ignition OFF.This will re-set the tyre pressure monitors, it will take a few mins of driving for the system to then re-calibrate Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.