Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

Dear Mechanic - problem:

Customer Question

Dear Mechanic - problem: recurring 'pop-up Hood' warning light on my 2008 Legend. Main agent diagnosis: new sensor set; cord; Beam assembly front bumper. Total cost with labout £932. (Suspected cause: a 'shunt', either pre or post (not the latter, I think) my purchase of the vehicle). Not an MOT failure apparently, but switching it off at the steering wheel every time worries me a bit.....
No way round this I suppose - other options?
Thanks in advance,
Chris XXX
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Chris,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals. Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hui Chris .
Don't think you got an answer as your question is not that clear as this could be many issue .
Now first "Pop up hood"
Which warning light ,Check engine ,ABS ??
Which sensor was replaced .
'shunt', either pre or post,.. A/F(pre) or O2(post) sensors ??
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Greg,
Ta for this. Sorry for the delay. My local mechanic indeed calls such warning lights 'engine management' ones. They are listed in the owner's manual. It appears at the bottom of the speedometer and is a somewhat frightening orange pic of a bonnet etc. Next: no sensor has been replaced. (The warning light may be switched off at the steering wheel after ignition, whereon an orange light illuminates the 'i' button to remind one; or by a main agent electronically, but it recurs after several days). I do not think I can scan the estimate to you, but it reads broadly thus: 'Sensor set pop-up hood: £432.97; Cord, pop-up hood sensoe: £69.09; Beam Assist, Fro. bumper: £144.11.' Add vat and labour and it comes to £932.60. But I am afraid that nothing in the part numbers relates either to your 'Pre AF' or '02 post' description.
I'd be happy if the warning could be permanently disabled since it is not MOT sensitive.... Or another solution? Thanks in advance, Chris H.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris .
Not totally familiar with the pop up hood system so i will have to opt out .
Sorry Chris i will see if a Honda Tech is on line and see if he can help you.
Rgds Greg