Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I had a replacement clutch kit fitted to my Honda Accord (2005)

Customer Question

I had a replacement clutch kit fitted to my Honda Accord (2005) and it only lasted for a month (1500 kms.). I am a careful driver and most certainly did not drive with my foot on the clutch pedal; neither did I drive the car in a low gear. What could have gone wrong ?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if the clutch was fitted with the pressure plate the wrong way round then this would greatly accelerate clutch wear and if the throwout bearing is the wrong size / type then the clutch will be preloaded all the time and so be in a state of constant slip so the 1st thing to ask is were the original parts compared to the new to double check the installed height is correct another possibility is the clutch master cylinder is sticking so again pre-loading the clutch
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.