Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My son has a honda civic 2009 car the siren keeps going

Customer Question

hi my son has a honda civic 2009 car the siren keeps going off for no reason, i have read some of the blogs on line that can course this. for the mean time we would just like to dis engage the siren until he can book it into a garage to get it fixed where is the siren on this car?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
helloThe siren is located in the boot, drivers side. Remove the hidden boot compartment then the cover over the wheelarch, you can disconnect the siren there. The siren may continue for a small time but the siren battery will run flat. This won't cause any issue with the running of the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi matt i have taken out the trim as instructed there are two electrical connecter just infront of the rear seats,i dropped the back seats forward to get a better view.there is a boot light in the drivers side which i have disconnected, when removing it, the only other connecter i can see is a yellow one on the front side of the rear wheel cover, ( drivers side ) is this it.
Also where is the siren itself positioned?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ok the instructions I have may be for a LHD drive car so its worth checking the other side as the siren should be behind that trim panel