Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Have a pulley scraping or dry bearing type of noise on Civic

Customer Question

Have a pulley scraping or dry bearing type of noise on Civic Type-S 2002 when car is pulling under load. No noise when at tick-over or even at higher revs when stationary so difficult to diagnose. Garage has changed the water pump, tensioner idler and top idler, but noise is still there. Any ideas
Category: Honda
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

I'd check the state of the front pulley as they can break up over time and then rub on the front cover

have you tired removing the timing belt plastic cover and running without it ? as this will hopefully eliminate if its the belt or not

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you