Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

I have an 1995 Accord 2.0L LS saloon. Near side low beam

Customer Question

I have an 1995 Accord 2.0L LS saloon. Near side low beam light works ok and side light function works ok with engine running, but with the engine off, the low beam works but NOT the side light light function. I have changed light bulbs on both nearside and offside with no change. Offside light works fine in both modes regardless of whether engine is running or not. Thanks for any advice you can give me, Byron
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Was the vehicle ever in an accident or any added upgrades to the lights or stereo ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never been an accident, and no upgrades to lights or stereo. I have had the car for 8 years or so and this is the first time I have experienced this problem. Also are you able to tell me if this is an MOT failure. Many thanks
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Yes check the headlight fuses under dash both low and high beam.If these check out the electrical portion of the ignition switch is shorted and needs to be replaced there was a recall for this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the fuses and all seem to be in order, so I will have to take it into the Honda dealer and see what they say. Many thanks for your help and advice. Byron
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem its going be the ignition switch let them know you know theres a recall and you should not be charged covered lifetime of the car. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you need any further assistance.