Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

HONDa CRV 2.2 TDi 2005 76000 miles cam belt or chain

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

this engine is on a timing chain that's meant to last the life of the engine ( 150,000 miles)

if you can hear it 'tinkling' at hot idle then its possible that it the tensioner may need replacing

but providing the oil change interval is kept to and the correct oil used then you should have no issues

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you