Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I own a 2000 1.4 honda civic. Its my first car. A light

Customer Question

I own a 2000 1.4 honda civic. Its my first car. A light shaped like an engine block came on. And i notice that the speedometer has stoped. I was told it might be the fuse. Is it true.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wot colour of fuse
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to todayDo you still require assistance with your concernIs the vehicle driving ok ie no lack of power
Is the abs warning light on also or just the yellow engine shaped lightKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the yellow engine shape.
Hi there thanks
Ok the yellow engine shape icon is the engine managment warning light ( there is an emmissions related fault or data error issue to the PCM )If this happened at the same time as the speedo dropping out then it's most commonly a speed sensor issue
to clatify this you will need to have a diagnostic fault code check carried out to retrieve the exact fault code
This us imperative to correctly disgnosing this issue
The fault isn't fuse related
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a eveningBrian

Hi there good evening to you

How did you get in with our engine managment light concern

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian