Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Where can I go please to get parts for 1992 Honda CRX del

Customer Question

Where can I go please to get parts for 1992 Honda CRX del sol .The boot ( all electric ) and the roof will not open .There is a manual override kit that can be fitted for use when these components fail.Due to the age of the car are there any specialist Honda dealers for my vehicle
Category: Honda
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

First off all if you need to reset the computer in the boot , to do this remove the 7.5 amp back up fuse under the bonnet for approx 10 seconds. before doing this make sure all locks are in the closed position. Also make sure the roof mechanism is fully down. Once the fuse is back in and the key is in the ignition the car will go into diagnostic mode for the boot and roof. The easy way to check the roof locks is to open passenger side and see if the car starts to beep if so close the lock and the beeping should stop this shows all is ok. Now do the same on the drivers side.After doing these checks you will need to reset the computer again with removal of the 7.5 amp fuse for 10 seconds. Its worth checking the 20 amp fuse for the power door locks this fuse is under the dash board.

If that doesn’t help then

try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery cables and clamping them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

There’s also a manual winder behind the driver seat to wind the roof up and down

Or there’s a CRX del la sol specialist in Newbury

Derek in DS Auto***********Or 01635 297979

as for parts try:

http://www.a1japsparesltd.co.uk/ - 0161(###) ###-####/p>

http://www.japarts.co.uk/shop/ - 0208(###) ###-####/p>

Hills Salvage and Recycling Ltd
Gerrard Place
East Gillibrands
Skelmersdale
Lancashire
WN8 9SU

Telephone Numbers

Main Office:

01695 455777

Parts Centre:

01695 551973

Salvage:

01695 551950