Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Can I have a louder indicator fitted to my 2016 cry

Customer Question

can I have a louder indicator fitted to my 2016 cry
Category: Honda
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

these days the indicator 'click' is made by the on board computer though a speaker

so you can't unplug a blinker unit and fit another

however within the manufacturer's options there is adjustment to make the sound louder

however this can only be achieved with the dealer level software

so it can be done but sorry to say its a job for a Honda specialist or local dealer

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

Glad to help

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
have talked to 3 Honda main dealers & all 3 say it can not be done Steve
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have had the question answered by HONDA UK head office , who state that the sound to my indicator can not be altered to a higher sound ???? so what is your answer to that ???? that is why I have not put a recommendation on the ratings . Steve