Dan C., DVM
Dan C., DVM, Horse Veterinarian
Experience:  Solo Equine Practitioner/Mobile Practice Owner for 16 years.
8634083

I have taken on a male horse age7 he had been broken risen

Customer Question

I have taken on a male horse age7 he had been broken ridden for a while and then just left to get very fat We have moved him to my stable where he is grazing in a control pasture for 6 weeks.He is ridden and long rained regularly.In the last week his temperament has changed.He will no longer be tied up,a little hoofing at the ground and continuos pacing around. He no longer walks nicely I have to turn in small circles to steady the pace when walking him from field to stable area.His stalls are normal and no sign of ill Heath.A black smith has looked after his feet and is happy with them.I have tried a small net of hay on the wall he is not interest .We are now not riding until his saddle is checked but long raining.Please help
Category: Horse
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.