Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511

We currently have a Parkray Chiltern 111solid fuel roomheater

We currently have a Parkray Chiltern 111solid fuel roomheater as our main source of heating. We want to install an air source heat pump but want to keep the Parkray as secondary heating. Is it possible to decommission the boiler of the Parkray? I understand that it is possible to do this with some appliances by venting the boiler by disconnection to the heating pipes.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Plumbers_Mate : If you disconnect the heating pipes and totally drain the boiler unit, you can still use the fire if required.
Plumbers_Mate : you MUST leave the pipe disconnections open
Plumbers_Mate : if you run the fire with water in and cap the ends then it becomes a bomb due to the heating of trapped water
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience: Heating and Controls engineer

JustAnswer in the News UK:

Web sites like Justanswer/legal...leave nothing to chance.
JustAnswer has an even simpler system. Got a problem? Just describe it, and indicate how much you're willing to pay for an answer. One of the experts will get back to you fast.
People can connect one-on-one with UK Car Mechanics on JustAnswer, 24/7, and ask auto questions for a small fee. If you have an auto repair question, ask a UK Car Mechanic now by going to www.justanswer.co.uk/car
As-a-doc Web sites: if you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers....JustAnswer.
JustAnswer... Has seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Mr Pole-Carew contacted Value and was told that the £820 taken was the company’s ‘estimate’ of the cost to repair the clutch. He said he had contacted a Ford adviser on JustAnswer who told him ‘a perfectly good clutch is highly unlikely to fail from four to five hours of good, or even very bad, driving'.