Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Heating and Controls engineer
46681511
HVAC

On my ideal classic boiler the pilot is on but wont fire up.

On my ideal classic boiler... Show More
On my ideal classic boiler the pilot is on but won't fire up. The pump and three port valve both seem to be working but there's no hot water or central heating
Category: HVAC
Show Less
replied 4 years ago.
Can you confirm the pilot is lit and the boiler has stopped ticking, like when it is lighting?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
The pilot is lit and the boiler has stopped ticking
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 4 years ago.
Ok, if it has stopped ticking then it knows it is lit, the next thing to happen it the main burner should ignite.
Do you have a multimeter to check voltage at the gas valve - we need to know that there is voltage to open the gas valve or the gas valve solenoid has failed?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
No I have not got a multimeter
Can you see if you can see the wiring to the gas valve and make sure all the wires are still connected, try taking them off and putting them back on again and making sure the connections are clean.
If you make sure the power is off first, let me know if it improves.
Can you check again to make sure it has stopped igniting as it could be something as simple as a faulty lead
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
The wires seem ok and it's defiantly stopped lighting because there's no ticking noise
ok, then no power to the gas valve or a faulty gas valve - we just need to find out which